The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for working with established customers and identifying new opportunities to expand the company’s market share within the Industrial and Laboratory compressed air market place. The successful Territory Sales Manager works closely with partners, end users, and the National Sales Manager to develop sales and marketing strategies based on customer needs, competition and market potential. Successful individuals will have an entrepreneurial mindset, with key account management experience.
The successful execution of territory sales and marketing strategies will require supporting partners with sales training that will include competitive response, making joint sales calls on prospective customers and navigating cross-functional challenges at a corporate level. A consultative sales approach combined with strong sales “hunter” characteristics are common among our top performers.
If you have sales experience working closely with Mid-West or Eastern sales partners on capital equipment sales to industrial, laboratory, and/or food and beverage customers, then we would like to learn more about you.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Territory Sales Manager, Mid-West/Eastern reports to the National Sales Manager and will be responsible for:
- Understanding the company’s business position with: current sales partners, major end users and competitors.
- Manage customer relationship at a corporate level aligning all resources from sales, marketing, engineering, contract negotiations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Intricate knowledge of account applications, details and market pressures
- Creating a territory business plan designed to increase the promotion of company products; this will include understanding the sales and marketing efforts of company products.
- Developing strong direct relationships with major end users, including a high level of customer satisfaction, so the end users can be used as reference accounts.
- Identify new potential partners in the Mid-West/Eastern territory and understand what value our products bring to their current solution. Based on this analysis, develop a plan to bring additional partners up to the best of the region.
- Develop territory knowledge and apply strategies to grow sales network and increase overall footprint.
- Manage an established list of approximately 15 accounts, helping to grow current sales and establish channels for new growth.
- Identify new markets and potential new customers/applications.
Mid-West – Eastern United States