Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) control improves efficiency over a conventional “on/off” demand based system by more closely matching the pump speed to the changing load requirements. All VFD systems come standard with our Premuim control panel. This option is not available with Basic controls. The VFD with Standard Premium control panel includes:
- PLC controller and a color touch screen HMI (Human Machine Interface) panel which displays the operating status of the unit.
- UL508A listed control panel in a NEMA 12 enclosure. The panel door will include: the touch screen, an audible and visual alarms with an acknowledge button, VFD start/stop switch and an HOA switch for each pump
- Magnetic starters
- Vacuum transducer for process control
- Single point power connection
- Redundant 120Vac control transformers with fused primary and secondary protection
- System overload trip, high temperature conditions or maintenance intervals for the pump will result in visual and audible alarms.
The VFD with our standard Premium Control panel includes:
- Building automation communication gateway with BacNet® protocol and Web server features. Web server features include email notifications in case the system is in alarm or has achieved one its maintenance intervals and requires service.
- Ethernet port for connection to BacNet® server or direct connection to facility Ethernet for viewing of system operations and status via device IP-address