The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for implementation of process and product changes that yield improvements in plant sustainability, efficiency, cost reduction, and product quality.
Key Job Functions
- Identify opportunities for product and process improvements and facilitate the work needed to implement.
- Develops, designs, and plans equipment, layouts, workflow, and safety precautions to maximize utilization of the plant. Ensures compliance with established industry safety and design standards and guidelines.
- Create and maintain factory drawings and layouts.
- Evaluates worker productivity and recommends improvements to increase manpower efficiency, operating performance, and reduction of waste.
- Design/document production process including work instructions, plant/process flow, and quality updates.
- Assist in facility maintenance, coordinating vendors, and opportunities for improvements.
- Support production daily to troubleshoot problems with products and systems on the floor.
- Design and/or facilitate the design of assembly fixtures as needed.
- Identify and lead cost improvement initiatives.
- Manufacturing representative for New Product Development projects.
- Create and maintain router including the use of time studies.
- Provide training to associates as needed regarding job functions and updates to process steps.
- Perform data analysis and provide charts and reports for Company Performance Review meetings.
- Participation in the Factory Safety Team.
- Business Knowledge: Knowledge of basic engineering principles; especially electrical and mechanical systems; Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience in a manufacturing setting including elimination of waste and reduction of variation leading to cost reduction and/or product quality improvements.
- Leadership: Ability to drive a common vision which supports the business goals; perseverance necessary to focus on and achieve long-term objectives; capability to orchestrate continuous change.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to understand complex business issues and to provide appropriate, effective, technical solutions. DMAIC and Lean tools knowledge a plus.
- Customer Focus: Anticipates customer needs accurately. Quickly establishes creditability with customers.
- Team Commitment: Ability to build and lead teams, collaborating, cross-functionally, and managing diverse thinking.
- A bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline is required, as is 3-5 years of experience in Manufacturing Environment working with process improvement.
- Ability to work with controls and electromechanical knowledge is a desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential. Must have strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & MS Project.
- Proficient in CAD software.
- Experience with ISO 9001:2015 and other related business standards.
- Experience with 8D methodology, PDCA, Control Plans, Risk Based thinking principles desired.
- Candidate must have ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and possess a willingness to make autonomous decisions.
- Ability to create and drive change and effectively communicate throughout the organization.