We are looking for a self-driven individual with a strong ability to provide support for our valuable customers that depend on our products every day to fill these needs. As a key member of the Technical Support organization, you will play a critical role in the growth of the business. Your customers will include field technicians, Sales personnel, end users located both domestically and internationally in addition to internal departmental personnel.
Key Job Functions/Duties
- Responsible for answering customer questions and solving product issues in the field. It is expected that the Technical Support Specialist will determine the problem root cause and resolution and successfully follow the inquiry to completion. This position will be available 1 week a month for afterhours emergency on-call support.
- The Senior Technical Service Specialist will be the facilitator in all matters related to warranties. This will require reviewing and processing warranty claims and bringing defective materials back to the plant for evaluation.
- The Senior Technical Service Specialist will have the opportunity to provide increased capabilities for our customers through the facilitation of onsite service training. You will be able to help create new content for current and future products and deliver it through classroom presentations and hand-on demonstrations.
- The Senior Technical Service Specialist will have the opportunity to prepare field technicians on how to understand and maintain our products in the field. They are continuously looking for more information online and want access to this information at will. You will have the opportunity to develop new, useful information and technical content and upgrade our ability to deliver it through various means of technology including YouTube and a new website planned for the near future.
- The Senior Technical Service Specialist will, on occasion, have the opportunity to visit customer sites to assist in the start-up of new Powerex systems or successfully resolve a persistent issue.
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience Required
- College Degree preferred or Technical Certification or High School Graduate with equivalent work experience required.
- Minimal 3 years of technical service experience maintaining and repairing industrial and or medical compressors and dryers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and possess a willingness to make autonomous decisions.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Works with integrity and respect displaying a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee will use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and to use a computer keyboard with mouse for long periods of time. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job in the Plant or Warehouse, the employee can be exposed to noise. The noise level is usually moderate but hearing protection may be required in designated areas.