The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for working with an established distributor network to expand the company’s market share in the medical and laboratory markets. The successful Technical Sales Representative works closely with design engineers, distribution partners, end users (Hospitals and University Laboratories), and the National Sales Manager to develop sales strategies based on customer needs, competition, and market potential.
The successful execution of territory sales strategies will require supporting distribution partners with sales training that will include competitive response and making calls on prospective customers. A consultative sales approach combined with strong sales “hunter” characteristics are common among our top performers.
If you have sales experience working with design engineers and/or distribution partners on capital equipment sales to medical and/or laboratory customers, then we would like to learn more about you.
Key Job Functions/Duties
The Technical Sales Representative reports to the National Sales Manager and will be responsible for:
- Understanding the company’s business position with design engineers, current distribution partners, major end users, and competitors
- Creating a territory plan designed to increase promotion of company products; this will include understanding the distributor’s sales and marketing efforts of company products
- Working with Design Engineers at Architecture and Engineering firms to include Powerex products within New Construction Specifications
- Developing strong direct relationships with major end users, including a high level of customer satisfaction, so the end users can be used as reference accounts
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience Required
- A BS/BA undergraduate degree is required.
- Technical or Engineering background preferred; experience working with Design Engineers preferred
- 5+ years of Capital Equipment sales experience preferred; Experience selling Medical Gas Equipment, compressed air, or vacuum systems preferred
- Experience with the hospital and/or laboratory markets preferred
- Current experience supporting and managing local distributors preferred
- Excellent time and territory management skills are a necessity