The Industrial Distribution Sales Representative is responsible for working with an established distributor network to expand the company’s market share in the industrial and laboratory markets. The successful Sales Representative works closely with regional distribution partners and select segment end users to develop sales strategies based on customer needs, competitive environment, and market potential. In many cases, distribution partners offer both Powerex and competitor models to the market.
The successful execution of territory sales strategies will require supporting distribution partners with sales training that will include competitive responses and making calls on prospective customers. A consultative sales approach combined with strong sales “hunter” characteristics are common among our top performers.
The Industrial Distribution Sales Representative reports to the National Sales Manager and will be responsible for:
- Understanding the company’s business position with current distribution partners, major end users, and competitors.
- Creating a territory plan designed to increase promotion and utilization of company products where distributor partners offer multiple sources. This will include understanding the distributor’s sales and marketing efforts of company products vs others.
- Working with distribution partners and internal engineering personnel to understand market needs and develop next generation of Powerex products.
- Calling directly on end users for certain food and beverage applications.
- Representing Powerex at various industry trade shows.
- Travel up to 40%.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A BS/BA undergraduate degree is required.
- Technical or Engineering background preferred.
- 5+ years of Capital Equipment sales experience preferred; Experience selling compressed air and vacuum systems desirable.
- Experience with any or multiple of the following markets is preferred (food & beverage, laboratory, pharmaceutical, pneumatic tooling).
- Current experience supporting and managing distributors preferred.
- Excellent time and territory management skills are a necessity.
Powerex has become a leader in vacuum and air systems through our foundation built on engineering, innovation, quality, and service. We are a highly integrated operation where we not only assemble systems, but we also manufacture many of the major components. We are committed to providing the best value in the market we serve by applying these pillars of our foundation in every system we build.