The purpose of this position is to ensure the plant has all the required parts needed to produce customer orders while meeting the plants inventory goals and assist in the shipping of finished goods and parts to the customer. This position will also work on a variety of continuous improvement projects to help the facility improve operations and assist with contract negotiations as needed.
Key Job Functions
- Perform a variety of MRP functions.
- Analyze material requirements and place POs daily.
- Process packets from engineering.
- Review the past due report and shortage board daily then expedite orders as needed.
- Ensure the plant meets all inventory target levels while minimizing shortages.
- Manage Kanban racks and create PO’s as needed to replenish inventory.
- Create POs as need for Non-Production (NP) part orders as entered by engineering.
- Ensure all materials are ordered in a timely fashion.
- Notify the production team of any potential delays due to parts
- Produce, analyze and send forecasts to vendors as needed.
- Constantly analyze and adjust safety stock levels on all specified parts.
- Assist in managing the plants cycle count program.
- Conduct and assist with continuous improvement events to help the materials group and production function more efficiently.
- Assist with contract negotiations and the E&O report as needed.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills. Able to understand complex issues and provide appropriate, effective solutions.
- Anticipates customer needs accurately. Quickly establishes creditability with customers.
- Proven success as a team member, collaborating, cross-functionally, and participating in diverse thinking.
- Ability to achieve goals through influencing others.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong ability to analyze data from various systems to get to opportunity/root cause.
- Works with integrity and respect displaying a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Must have the ability to effectively handle multiple tight timeline situations.
- Flexible and a strong willingness to adapt and be an advocate for change.
- Ability to work through multiple obstacles to complete daily tasks.
- Knowledge of how to collect data to effectively negotiate the best price possible.
Education, Experience, and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree with three years’ experience in purchasing and/or inventory management in a manufacturing environment or High School Diploma with seven year’ experience in the same areas.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & MS Project.
- Experience with Kanban and VMI programs.
- Complex problem solving and critical thinking skills required.