The Engineer for New Product Development is responsible for the mechanical designs and implementation of systems for medical air compressor, vacuum systems and medical gas pipeline products.
- Create documentation of new designs including 3D models, drawings, bills of material and technical information needed for brochures and product manuals
- Generation of bill of materials and component part selection
- Ability to work with Manufacturing to implement new product designs into production
- Ability to work independently and with other team members
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and meet design deadlines
- Capability to utilize hand and simple power tools along with instruments required to setup and perform lab tests
- Ability to communicate effectively with both verbal and written skills
- Ability to understand basic electrical concepts
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant engineering discipline is required.
- Excellent technical skills including CAD literacy and mechanical aptitude required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Microsoft Project.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and possess a willingness to make autonomous decisions.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
While performing the duties of this job in the Plant or Warehouse, the employee can be exposed to noise. The noise level is usually moderate but hearing protection may be required in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee will use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and to use a computer keyboard with mouse for long periods of time. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds.
Powerex has become a leader in vacuum and air systems through our foundation built on engineering, innovation, quality, and service. We are a highly integrated operation where we not only assemble systems, but we also manufacture many of the major components. We are committed to providing the best value in the market we serve by applying these pillars of our foundation in every system we build.