The Senior Engineer will have the opportunity to join a team working on products for a quickly growing business segment. They will be developing new technology and new applications of existing technology. They will run a lab for prototyping, reliability and research related to Powerex products. Additionally, the candidate will support the sales team through the generation of technical content, technology research and occasionally providing technical support during sales visits.
- Become a subject matter expert on oil-less air compressor and industrial vacuum technologies
- Identify new motor and pump technologies, and investigate their benefit to Powerex products
- Conduct reliability testing on new and existing products
- Design and build proof of concept systems to demonstrate feasibility
- Manage our internal lab and prototyping area
- Plan and perform testing as needed
- Document testing activities with the use of test plans, reports, etc.
- Provide insight based on test results
- Create documentation of new designs including 3D models, drawings, and bills of material as needed
- Develop and implement simple electrical circuits to power and control motors in compressor units
- Coordinate external resources (controls design, outside lab testing, etc.) whenever necessary
- Provide mentorship for less experienced team members
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Bachelors or master’s degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant major
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with a bachelor’s degree or 4 years with master’s degree
- Proficiency working in a high-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a scientific and systematic approach to solving problems
- The ability to engage directly with customers and cross functional departments (purchasing, marketing, operations, etc.) to fulfill project requirements
- Competent skills for designing in 3D
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to safely operate hand and simple power tools along with instruments required to setup and perform lab tests
- Ability to communicate effectively with both verbal and written skills
- Ability to understand basic electrical concepts
- Preferred experience in in the following areas:
- Design of machinery
- Pneumatics or other process piping design
- Industrial controls
- Manual machining
- Use of PDM/PLM systems
While performing the duties of this job in the Plant or Warehouse, the employee can be exposed to noise. The noise level is usually moderate, but hearing protection may be required in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee will use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and to use a computer keyboard with mouse for long periods of time. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds.
Powerex has become a leader in vacuum and air systems through our foundation built on engineering, innovation, quality, and service. We are a highly integrated operation where we not only assemble systems, but we also manufacture many of the major components. We are committed to providing the best value in the market we serve by applying these pillars of our foundation in every system we build.