The Northeast Sales Manager is responsible for working with an established distributor network to expand the company’s market share in the medical piped equipment and laboratory markets. The successful Sales Manager works closely with design engineers, distribution partners, end users (Hospitals and University Laboratories), and the National Sales Manager to develop sales strategies based on customer needs, competition, and market potential.
The Northeast Sales Manager achieves (or exceeds) annual revenue plan targets through the execution of sales strategies with Distributors, End Users, Design Engineers, and Contractors.
The successful execution of territory sales strategies will require supporting distribution partners with sales training that will include competitive response and making calls on prospective customers. A consultative sales approach combined with strong sales “hunter” characteristics are common among our top performers.
If you have sales experience working with design engineers and/or distribution partners on capital equipment sales to medical piped equipment and/or laboratory customers then we would like to learn more about you.
Northeast: Eastern PA, NY, NJ, MD, DC, DE, CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, ME
Employee to reside in territory and work from home.
Who We Are
Powerex has been a part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies for more than 30 years. Due to significant growth in recent years, we are seeking additional talented and energetic individuals to join our team. These new High-Potential Leaders will be critical to guiding Powerex’ future growth. Powerex manufactures industry-leading Medical Gas Equipment for many critical applications within Hospitals and University Laboratories in addition to designing and assembling Compressed Air and Vacuum solutions for use in a variety of Industrial applications including buses, light rail, and food & beverage processing.
The Northeast Sales Director reports to the National Sales Manager and will be responsible for:
- Understanding the company’s business position with design engineers, current distribution partners, major end users, and competitors
- Creating a territory plan designed to increase promotion of company products; this will include understanding the distributor’s sales and marketing efforts of company products
- Working with Design Engineers at Architecture and Engineering firms to include Powerex products within New Construction Specifications
- Developing strong direct relationships with major end users, including a high level of customer satisfaction, so the end users can be used as reference accounts
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A BS/BA undergraduate degree is required.
- Technical or Engineering background preferred; experience working with Design Engineers preferred
- 3-5+ years of Capital Equipment sales experience preferred; Experience selling Medical Gas Equipment, Compressed air systems, and/or Vacuum systems preferred
- Experience with equipment sales in the hospital and/or laboratory markets preferred
- Current experience supporting and managing customers in the territory preferred
- Excellent time and territory management skills are a necessity
The employee is required to travel (approx. 30-40% of the time) and will be reimbursed for travel expenses.