Reports to: Business Unit Manager
The Product Manager is responsible for determining the business strategy for each of the Medical, Laboratory and Industrial Markets. Initial business and marketing strategies will be determined based on customer needs, competition, and market potential. Once the key strategies are approved, the Product Manager will work closely with sales managers, distribution partners, end users, and the Vice President of Sales & Marketing to execute the business and marketing strategies.
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for both up stream new product development as well as supporting downstream sales execution. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering.
Key Job Functions/Duties
Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
Driving solutions across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering and Marketing Communications) through defining various market requirements.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Brief and train the sales force at annual sales meetings
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Work to identify and assess partnership opportunities
- Propose overall budget to ensure success
- Act as a leader within the company
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience Required
- A BS/BA undergraduate degree is required
- Technical aptitude or Engineering degree is preferred
- MBA is preferred
- 1-5 years of Product Manager experience preferred
- Experience with hospitals, laboratories, and/or industrial customers is preferred
- Experience with compressed air or vacuum systems is preferred
- Experience supporting and/or working with distributors serving medical (hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, ambulatory centers, and medical office buildings), laboratory, or industrial clients is preferred.